- CARON’s founding member involved in a research project entitled "Species Accounts, Distribution Status and Threat Assessment of Turtles of Nepal in Lowlands of Nepal with special focus on Indian-Eyed Turtle". The project was supported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund, CEPF/WWF-Nepal click here for report
- CARON has successfully completed “ Inventory of Herpetofaunal Diversity in Nagarjun Forest of Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park” click here for report
- CARON has recently completed " Rapid Survey of Herpetofauna in Manaslu Conservation Area, Gorkha, Nepal". This study has enumerated 16 species of reptiles and amphibians from the area. click here for report
- A book "Turtles of Nepal: A Field Guide for Species Accounts and Distribution" in collaboration of Environmental Graduates in Himalaya (EGH) with the funding of WWF-Nepal and Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) is released. Go to the book page.
- CARON has completed a study on "Exploitation of Frogs in Academic Sector: Case study in +2 science stream in Nepal". The study reported up to 102,405 numbers frog are scarified every year in anatomy study of frog in academic sector of Nepal. click here for report
1. Documentation of herpetofauna of Nepal
2. Cooperation with different stakes of society to disseminate information regarding the status and immediate needs for the conservation of herpetofauna and their habitats
3. Turtle conservation works in low lands of Nepal
CARON published turtle conservation leaflets and poster in partnership with other stakeholders.
We have no events in near future, please visit the webpage again.